Let's just cut to the chase, these days relationships feel so disposable. The minute things feel hard for longer than they should, people run. I like to call it the "grass is greener" mentality.
The mentality of well things feel super hard with this partner, if I just find a new partner maybe they won't feel so hard.
But I hate to break it to you, relationships are hard. They take work, commitment, consistency & follow through.
If you continue to run away at the first sign of difficulty, you're in for a rude awakening.
So let's go through a quick list of all the things you want to start normalizing, without automatically assuming that your relationship is doomed:
1. Having different hobbies & interests
2. Arguing & getting into fights (it's all about HOW you do it, in a healthy & productive way)
3. Not always having mind blowing passionate sex
4. Feeling bored, it just means that things are stable & healthy (especially if you are used to chaos in former relationships) chaos doesn't mean passion.
5. Having bad days! Not all days will be rainbows and butterflies.
6. Having shared & individual finances.
7. Having doubts about your relationship show up, especially when it comes to huge life changing events. Such as: engagement, marriage, kids, values & beliefs.
8. Having mismatched sex drives
9. Needing time alone. You are your own individual and just because you need time alone does not mean you love your partner any less.
10. Having hard conversations! You need to be having those hard conversations. Talk to each other!
If you want to be in a long term relationship then do yourself and your partner a favor and don't just give up.
I promise you that if you don't face these issues head on, they will just continue to manifest in different people.
And if you ever seek support of help, I gotchu! Explore my website and invest in yourself and your relationship.
There is nothing more powerful than taking the time to grow together instead of grow apart!
Apply now for 1:1 or couples coaching to help you navigate some of these areas more in depth!